Friday, January 16, 2009

One thing leads to another

Over the weekend I pulled books from the storage at home to restock the shelves in the store. When I got to the mysteries, I realized that section needed major re-vamping. I decided to cull out the old books that do not sell anymore to make room for all the newer books. As I was doing this, I saw that I would be able to have more space on each shelf and shift the books over to make room for the Adventure/Suspense books which are badly in need of more space. I also was working through the duplicates stored in the store and put them on the shelves as needed, so this was a complex project.
As I write this now, I have culled the culls and have started the shift. Once the mysteries are shifted, then I can shift the Adv/Sus books over. Somewhere in all the craziness I need to also fix up the culls so I can sell them as "cheapies" at 4 for $1.
I am definitely keeping busy. Now, back to moving books.

1 comment:

The Byards said...

Hi Curt:
I came across your blog and thought you might be interested in this. I'm a college English professor who has authored a soon-to-be released book. It's called Teach and Reach for Classroom Miracles! Lessons on Teaching with Love. It's being published through CSS/Faithwalk Publishing and aimed primarily at teachers, youth leaders, and others who have the opportunity to empower others through love. If you are interested, you may visit my site at wendybyard.com. My book is available for pre ordering through amazon.com and target.com.
Thank you, Curt.
Wendy Byard