Tuesday, May 26, 2009

The Shack by Wm. Paul Young

Last year, I started to get requests for this book, but never had a copy in the store. Finally, late last week, a copy came in and I side-tracked it home to read first. I wanted to see what the book was about and why all the hoop-la about it.
I had no idea what the book was about until I read the blurb on the back, which said, in part, "...In a world where religion seems to grow increasingly irrelevant, The Shack wrestles with the timeless question :Where is God in a world so filled with unspeakable pain? The answers Mack gets will astound you and perhaps transform you as much as it did him. You'll want everyone you know to read this book!"

Well, I was not astounded or transformed and I don't need everyone to read this book. However, I do recommend it as an interesting and thought-provoking read. It stays within the Christian tradition but definitely bends the paradigm. Whatever religion or spirituality you may be, this book is worth your time.

No comments: