Friday, November 14, 2008

Welcome to the Curt’s Bookstore blog, a place to see what the store has in stock, to join discussions, to read reviews, and just to have fun. I will attempt to put up a blog everyday. However, sometimes I just won’t be able to do so due to time constraints.
Comments and questions are welcome and will be answered as quickly as possible. If you are looking for a specific book, please ask about it.
An often asked question at the store is “how long has the store been here?” This space in the shopping center has been a bookstore since the shopping center was opened in 1980 and has gone through various owners and names. In 1992, the previous owners bought the store and got permission from the original Curt to use the name. I started working for them in 1998 and bought the store in late 2005 when they retired. The store became mine on January 1, 2006.
Before that, I worked for a branch of the county library system. Before that, I worked at the university library at Cal Poly Pomona, California. Before that, I worked for Stewart’s Orchids doing most everything that needed to be done. Before that I was a student at Cal Poly and worked as student assistant in the library. Before that I worked for credit for one class period in High School and 8th grade in the library. And before that, I was an avid reader and local patron of the local library. So, yep, I have been a book fiend all my life.

No comments: